We provide Four Star Gold Award self-catering accommodation in Holme, a beautiful village situated in the most northerly part of the Peak District National Park. The accessible facilities we can provide are a downstairs bathroom and level access at the roadside entrance to Mount View. There is level access through Mount View into Trough Cottage which has been used in the past when we have had family parties of 12 people staying.
- All guests have the option of using telephone and email access in the farmhouse if required. We endeavour to adhere to all needs within reason.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is private car parking available in the courtyard outside the cottages.
- The car park holds six cars easily.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are back and front entrances to both cottages. Mount View has two steps at the front entrance and no steps at the back, whilst Trough Cottage has two steps at the front entrance and one step at the back. Therefore, Mount View is the most accessible cottage.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- All the ground floor is accessible in Mount View, but as Trough Cottage has one step up from the roadside it is not wholly accessible. However, there are toilet facilities on the ground floor.
- Any disabled person entering Mount View would be best advised to enter from the roadside where the entrance is level. The car could then be taken round to the front of the properties. There are no physical restrictions at the back of Mount View, but a step would prevent entrance into Trough Cottage.
- Parking is situated a few yards from the entrance to the cottages. There are no handrails or ramps. The cottages are fitted with glass panelled doors to the front and back.
Public Areas – WC
- Both cottages have ground floor access to toilet facilities and the route is tiled.
Dining & Living Areas
- There are bright ceiling spot lights and table lamps in the downstairs areas.
- The kitchens are tiled and the lounges carpeted. In daylight hours these south facing properties catch all of the sun.
- All the laundry is done offsite, but the kitchens in each cottage have a washing machine for guest use which is situated on a tiled floor.
- The nearest shop is attached to The Fleece public house, approx. 120 yards away. Opening hours as the pub.
- The majority or the car park is cobbled and the rest is gravel. There are seats for resting in the car park and at the frontage of both cottages which is flagstoned.
- There are no bedrooms suitable for wheelchair users.
- Fire alarms are wired into the electrical system. They will light up when necessary but they do not vibrate.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC (Ensuite or Shared)
- Each cottage has one ensuite master bedroom. The rest of the bedrooms – twin and double bedded, have the use of a family bathroom which is situated across a carpeted landing from each room. All bathrooms are tiled.
- The kitchen in Trough Cottage is tiled, open plan and on ground level. It adjoins the carpeted lounge. Mount View has a separate tiled kitchen which adjoins the hallway, all tiled.
Grounds and Gardens
- The grounds and car park are cobbled and gravelled, and surrounded with borders of plants and shrubs. There are various potted plants around with seating. The seating areas are flat with uninterrupted moorland views.
- WiFi is available throughout both properties.
- In case of emergency two sets of keys are provided for each cottage, each with a front and back door key. Fire alarms are wired into the electrical system. Fire blankets are located by the kitchen doors and extinguishers are situated in the hallways, outside of the ground floor WC. There are no obstructions in the way of evacuation.
- Name: Vivienne Howard
- Address: Top Barn, Lane Farm, Woodhead Road Holme HD9 2QF
- Telephone: 01484 682290
- Mobile: 07708 269094
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.lanefarmcottages.co.uk
- Hours of operation: all year round
- Emergency number: 01484 682290
- Alternative contact number: Rachael Howard 07713561516
- Local public transport numbers: Rail 0845 7484950 Traveline 0870 6082608
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Paul 01484 689752 mob 07837822123
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01484 682290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated January 2018