- The hiring contract is between the hirer and the owners.
- Reservations are made in the following way:
- Reservations should be made initially by email or telephone.
- Your dates are then conditionally reserved for two working days.
- To confirm your reservation you should then send the owners a cheque for 25% of the hire fee or alternatively pay by credit or debit card over the telephone.
- If the dates are within 28 days then the full fee must be paid at confirmation.
- Once we have received your payment we will confirm your booking in writing by post.
- The full balance is due 42 days prior to the dates.
- Once confirmed by the owners the hirer becomes responsible for the total advertised price of the reservation.
- Properties are available between the hours of 4pm and 10.30pm (or otherwise by prior arrangement) on the day of arrival and vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Arrival/departure times outside of the above can be arranged prior to arrival, but may incur additional costs. Arrival after 10.30pm without arrangement will result in a ‘no show’ where the hirer will have no further claim against the owner and access will be provided on the following day.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to pay for any accidental breakages or damage that occurs during the holiday. The hirer is also bound to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. You must tell the owner immediately of any breakages or equipment failure. All breakages must be paid for.
- The hirer will be required to permit the owner or their agents access to the property for any reasonable purpose.
- The hirer agrees not to exceed the maximum number of persons allowed to stay in the property.
- Cancellation: Should you wish to cancel your booking please let us know in writing as soon as possible. In this event any fees paid less the deposit will be refunded if cancelled 28 days or more prior to the booking. If the cancellation is made eight weeks or less prior to the reservation dates no refund will be given unless the property is re-let in which case any fee paid less the deposit will be re-funded. The owners will make reasonable efforts to re-let the property. In the event of jury service, qualifying redundancy, cancellation of HM armed forces leave or HM police of any member of the party a full refund will be made.
- If the property becomes unavailable on the date stated for example due to damage or other problems with the property, your fee will be refunded in full, including the deposit. The hirer shall have no further claim against the owner.
- Any complaints should be made to the owner immediately so that it can be investigated and remedial action taken. Requests for compensation will not be considered after the holiday. We are always interested to hear of your ideas for future improvements to the property.
- Properties are available from 4.00p.m. on the day of arrival, and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
- Pets: We regret that we are unable to accept pets at Lane Farm. It must be noted that Lane Farm is a working sheep farm and as such we cannot allow pets on the premises.
- Excess noise or other nuisance causing disturbance to other guests or neighbours will not be acceptable and may result in termination of the booking without refund.
- Both properties are non-smoking.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all aspects of the property remain as advertised we accept no liability for items outside our control e.g. power cuts, drought, or for loss or injury to persons or their property whilst on the premises.
Access Statement For Lane Farm Holiday Cottages
We provide Four Star Gold Award self catering accommodation in Holme, a beautiful village situated in the most northerly part of the Peak District National Park. The accessible facilities we can provide are a downstairs bathroom and level access at the roadside entrance to Mount View. There is level access through Mount View into Trough Cottage which has been used in the past when we have had family parties of 12 people staying.
- All guests have the option of using telephone and email access in the farmhouse if required. We endeavour to adhere to all needs within reason.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is private car parking available in the courtyard outside the cottages.
- The car park holds six cars easily.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are back and front entrances to both cottages. Mount View has two steps at the front entrance and no steps at the back, whilst Trough Cottage has two steps at the front entrance and one step at the back. Therefore Mount View is the most accessible cottage.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- All the ground floor is accessible in Mount View, but as Trough Cottage has one step up from the roadside it is not wholly accessible. However there are toilet facilities on the ground floor.
- Any disabled person entering Mount View would be best advised to enter from the roadside where there the entrance is level. The car could then be taken round to the front of the properties. There are no physical restrictions at the back of Mount View, but a step would prevent entrance into Trough Cottage.
- Parking is situated a few yards from the entrance to the cottages. There are no handrails or ramps. The cottages are fitted with stable doors to the front and glass panelled doors to the back.
Public Areas – WC
- Both cottages have ground floor access to toilet facilities and the route is tiled.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- There are bright ceiling spot lights and table lamps in the downstairs areas.
- The kitchens are tiled and the lounges carpeted. In daylight hours these south facing properties catch all of the sun.
- All the laundry is done in the farmhouse, but the kitchens in each cottage have a washing machine for guests use which is situated on a tiled floor
- The nearest shop is two miles down the valley. This has one step up.
- The majority or the car park is cobbled and the rest is gravel. There are seats for resting in the car park and at the frontage of both cottages which is flagstoned.
- There are no bedrooms suitable for wheelchair users.
- Fire alarms are wired into the electrical system. They will light up when necessary but they do not vibrate.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Each cottage has one ensuite double bedroom. The rest of the rooms – twin-bedded, double and bunk have the use of a family bathroom which is situated across a carpeted landing from each room. All bathrooms are tiled.
- The kitchen in Trough Cottage is tiled, open plan and on ground level. It adjoins the carpeted lounge. Mount View has a separate tiled kitchen which adjoins the hallway, all tiled.
Grounds and Gardens
- The grounds and car park are cobbled and gravelled, and surrounded with borders of plants and shrubs. There are various potted plants around with seating. The seating areas are flat with uninterrupted moorland views.
- In case of emergency two sets of keyus are provided for each cottages, each with a front and back door key. Fire alarms are wired up into the electrical system. Fire blankets are located by the kitchen doors and extinguishers are situated in the hallways, outside of the ground floor wc. There are no obstructions in the way of evacuation.
- Address: Lane Farm, Woodhead Road, Holme, Holmfirth, West Yorks, HD9 2QF
- Telephone: 01484 682290
- Minicom: 07708 269094
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.lanefarmcottages.co.uk
- Hours of operation: all year round
- Emergency number: 01484 682290
- Local carers: Susan Shaw 01484 685157
- Local public transport numbers: Rail 0845 7484950 Traveline 0870 6082608
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Paul 01484 689752 mob 07837822123
- Vivienne Howard,
LANE FARM, HOLME
Tel 01484 682290 or mob 07708 269094
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01484 682290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org